Saturday, September 14, 2013

Meandering, Fashion, Pro-Style, October Update

Finally back to the blogging.  I think the cool near-autumn weekend morning + the espresso may provide good inspiration for this.

As usual, there is a lot going on.  And, as usual, I have to be selective when choosing my discussion topics, lest the entry be too meandering or too much like a bullet point list.  Twitter is good for bullet point lists, but the blog - ah the blog - the blog is for topical expansion.

Anyway!  Not to say meandering blog entries are bad.  Maybe "meandering" was the wrong word to use in that above quasi-paragraph.  But anyway, this weather we're having today makes me think of Canada or northern New York.  But, meandering, what?  Let's meander back to wrestling production discussion and see where that takes us...

Dorian Gray Party with VeVe and Indra

This week was filled with topical wrestling matters, but first let me talk about this one bit of non-wrestling filming.  On Wednesday night, I went to a fashion fetish party with Indra and VeVe on the Lower East Side.  I'd been wondering where all the fashion fetish people and goth/industrial folks had gone... and here they were.

I was there to film the fashion show for Indra.  Yes, there was a fashion show at this party.  It was somewhat part of Fashion Week, though also sort of a rebellion vs Fashion Week: an Alternative Fashion show.  In any case, it was a latex fashion show.  Indra is a huge fan of latex, by the way.  We really must get her on film doing some latex wrestling and domination, I must say.

Of course, neither VeVe nor Indra actually wore latex to this party because it was an incredibly hot night here in NYC.  But VeVe did finally sport her lovely new "heavy metal" leather corset, which she procured at FetCon.  Here she is in that, backstage in the changing room area:


The party was very aesthetically pleasing, the filming was a challenge - but my camera performs admirably in low light - and the place was packed.  And... this story does not involve wrestling!  However, this was my first time seeing Indra since her return to NYC from her month of travelling abroad.  And this story also inspires me to consider outfits for the ladies for future filming to come.

Thanks for following me on that little meander.  Now, I attempt to stray back on topic.

Pro-Style on the Rise?

I once again bemoan the fact that getting access to a wrestling ring here in NYC is actually remarkably difficult.  Why bemoan?  Well, because the ladies have all been demonstrating impressive chops when it comes to performing pro-style matches.

I just filmed a pro-style match with VeVe and Orlandoe, as per special request.  This was Orlandoe's first time doing a pro-style video, and I think she did great.  She'd been avoiding this style, I think because she felt so unfamiliar with it.  However, her athleticism and experience with stage performance saw her through, and I think she did a great job.  So, with her natural villainous inclinations, she'd be great to jump in for a few more videos.

That said, we sure have been doing a lot of pro-style lately.  That is, relative to, say, female competitive bouts.  Why's that?  Aside from the fact that patrons have been commissioning matches, there's also the fact that pro-style is so fun, flashy, and creative.  Plus: outfits.  Often shiny outfits.

 

In addition to getting Orlandoe to dip her toe into the pro-style pool, we have also been working on getting Hanz back into tights and on camera.  Hanz last appeared in a "pro-style" capacity as the Red Wrestler in Lucha Spandex Smackdown from 2011.  I look forward to getting him into action in a full pro-style capacity.  For one, we need more diversity of male talent in the pro arena.  And secondly, I need a break!


Coming up soon: I'm trying to set up a pro-style bout between Indra and Candy Pain.  We've also got a pro match in the works for VeVe and Honey (of LWS).  Hopefully we can also get Candy to beat up Hanz as well!

Now I think I only have space to talk about one more topic in this entry, lest it get too long and unwieldy...

Update on October Filming Plans

Development for this large-scale filming event continues at a good pace.  We've got a huge list of guest wrestlers coming in, including some long distance travellers:

Minxy Li, Venom, Skylar Rene, Savannah Fox, Mistress Kara, Julie Squeeze

The local NYC crew: VeVe, Orlandoe, Amazon Annie, Candy Pain, Indra, Crazy Azy
And fellow East Coast denizens: Xeena, Catfight Jenn

After considering this last night, I have come to the conclusion that New York City is actually going to be INVADED by these visitors.  We will find ourselves under siege by the combined forces of Britain and California.  Imagine that!

I think the local ladies may have to fortify themselves against these invaders, who are all coming to claim victories on our local soil.  Granted, they'll also be fighting each other, but whatever.

This will certainly be our largest filming event yet.  I expect some chaos.  Maybe a fair amount of chaos.  I'm trying to get everyone onto a tangible schedule, but that's a toughy when the kitchen has a lot of cooks.  However, lots of wrestlers, long duration room bookings, lots of mats, video cameras.  Yeah, it'll be a sight!  Onward and upward!

.... there's yet so much to talk about, but the talk is blocking all the talk!  Oh well, til next time!










No comments:

Post a Comment