Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lucha Spandex Smackdown Shoot last night

It's been a wild time in wrestling media production world. But isn't it always a wild time?

Last night we just wrapped filming of what I have dubbed "Lucha Spandex Smackdown." It was a complex shoot involving 4 people (2 girls and 2 boys), leotards, tights, luchador masks, bondage, tag teams, and five different 10-minute matches.

Thanks to the energy and cunning talents of VeVe, Orlandoe, Hanz, and Jason, we were able to make this shoot happen with flare, style, and pizazz. And thanks to our patron, we were able to get all these wrestle-kids kitted out in spandex and nylon goodness.

I had no idea what to expect from this shoot, but I knew I was working with good people. I must say that the experience took me back to my theatre days, and I certainly felt like I was filming an interesting theatre exercise on this one:

Unidentified male and female figures. In combat. Wrestling. Tying each other up, tying each other together. Full body coverage. Skin tight. Basic colors.

Anyway, I was very pleased! I am excited to work on this even into the post-production phase. It was some great wrestling, great bondage wrestling, great mixed wrestling.... and all in these lucha masks and tights.

I wish I could talk more about it, but the DVD master just popped out of the burner, and I need to run off to the gym now!

Tonight I'm filming with VeVe, Athena, and Orlandoe again. We're having a go at some F v F bondage wrestling double-teaming. Then I'm filming VeVe vs Raquel. Ok, now, really got to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment