Thursday, March 10, 2011

Raquel, Wrestling, New Blood, and New Assignments!

What's the word today?

Why, "wrestling" is the word, of course.

And since actions speak louder than words, what's the action, then? Well, the action is in the wrestling videography.

There's been a lot of filming lately, and there's more to come before this week is over. We're barely into March 2011, and I've already released a number of matches, shelved processed data, and am clearing up my hard drive for more to come. Let's have a look at what's been go
ing on and what's yet to come this week.

After a lot of pantyhose, bondage, and mixed wrestling, we're swinging back into the regular female vs female competitive realm. At the tail end of February, I filmed a much-anticipated match up between VeVe and Raquel. Now, granted, I never knew much about Raquel beforehand, but all of my wrestling friends and colleagues had been anxious to see here in F v F competitive action. I had heard that she has been in the industry for a long time, that she has a great deal of freestyle-esque wrestling experience, and that she is a fantastic athlete.

Great!

To top that all off, as I found out when I met her, she is also quite a sweetheart and a pleasure to work with. Everything I like from my filming talent: prompt, cordial, professional, self-contained, great physical control, and able to stop and start on a dime.

Because Raquel expressed a curiosity about wrestling for pins and/o
r submissions, I proposed the match be for pins and submissions, similar to the match that VeVe had against Wrecks in the singlets. Raquel was all for it, and VeVe agreed.

That match provided a huge challenge for VeVe, especially when it came to dealing with the threat of pins while at the same time defending against choke attacks. Think about it: turn on your back, you can get pinned, but turn to all-fours, and you can get choked. Raquel was very strong on the takedowns & takedown defense, and that gave her a tremendous edge for getting on top first. I was very impressed with her standing game and ability to win control on the way to the ground.

If Raquel swings back to NYC again, I'd definitely love to have her for a second match up with VeVe.

In the meanwhile, we continue to develop our local talent here. And speaking of local talent: just moments before we started filming the VeVe vs Raquel match, I just wrapped up filming a new bondage wrestling match with VeVe, Orlandoe, and newcomer from London, Athena.

Thanks to some feedback from customers of our previous bondage wrestling matches - with me (Diablo) & VeVe and with Keri & VeVe - we had decided to enlist Athena for a new bondage wrestling idea.

I don't want to get too into talking about this match, since I'm running out of space here. But I will say that the idea involved using a leather cuff with D-rings on the wrist of each wrestler, through which one rope was permanently afixed. There were other ropes scattered about the mat for the wrestlers to use as they saw fit.

VeVe came in as a very experienced bondage wrestler. Athena, on the other hand, has never done this sort of thing before. Needless to say, VeVe made good use of that permanent rope on the wrist cuff - and the other ropes around the mat! I asked VeVe to strike some victory poses over her defeated foe.... and then, secretly, I had Orlandoe rush in from behind and surprise attack VeVe while she was posing! One thing led to another, Athena wriggled herself free (with the help of her teeth on the ropes!), and both Athena and Orlandoe double teamed VeVe. Now, that's not a nice thing when we're talking about bondage wrestling!

Ok.

THEN!

There's this week. And this week we have some fun stuff coming up:

There's another female competitive match I'll be filming of VeVe vs Jasmine Flower. This will take place before a live audience at the Philadelphia Wrestling Party. All are welcome to attend. Philly wrestling party info is HERE. We've been hoping to get a VeVe vs Jasmine match on video for some time, and I'm glad to finally have this opportunity!

Than on Saturday, I'm filming with VeVe and Jennie Vaughn. They will be having a competitive match, as well as some other smaller matches, some of which will involve beating up "ShortFuse" Mark (who recently co-starred in Judo Throws and Pantyhose).

Ok, let me publish this post before it gets way too long. Just finished work yesterday on the Lucha Spandex Smackdown masked wrestling video series. Cranking up the camera for the weekend. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment