Thursday, July 8, 2010

Photoshoot Saved with the Post-Apocalyptic Thong

Last night I wrapped a last-minute photoshoot with VeVe out on an industrial East River pier in Brooklyn. The heat was sweltering, the sun was setting, and for some reason the security patrol was not at all bothered by VeVe's post-apocalyptic thong.


VeVe was originally supposed to head up to a studio photoshoot up in the Bronx that evening, but around mid-day she was informed that the photographer had just suffered a heat stroke. So, with two shopping bags full of costumes and a fresh manicure and pedicure, VeVe expressed some distress about the loss of the shoot opportunity for the day.

That's when Clobberetta and I sprang into action to help VeVe out. We performed some gymnastics to fetch my camera, fight through subway delays, consider a shoot location, make it out to the appropriate pier, overcome dying cameras batteries, and manage a very successful shoot before we lost the sunlight.

We shot two sets of photos.

The first involved VeVe on the pier in a shiny silver bikini.

I myself wasn't a huge fan of this particular bikini, but it did have some interesting shoulder strappage. Due to a combination of lighting, background, and necessary angles, we got a lot of head shots from this one, along with some showing off of VeVe's freshly done toe and finger nails.

I should also mention that our dear model was walking around in this piece of floating rusted metal in strappy high heel shoes and that delicate-looking bikini. Rusted metal and heels? Is that classic somehow?


The second set of photos formed what I have deemed to be the "Post-Apocalyptic Thong" shoot. With Clobberetta's assistance, I was able to step out from behind the camera and get involved myself at one point. Of course, VeVe lets us all know what she thought of that idea...


I think she liked the idea.

We got a number of photos with this post-apocalyptic outfit with the punky hair & make-up. Mostly solos but also some victory poses as well, along with some variations on the foot on belly image above.

We shot about 300 photos, and we hope to scale that down to about 20 select shots. Now for the hardest part: making the final cuts in shot selection. Thankfully, I'll leave the majority of that to VeVe.

3 comments:

  1. An excellent retelling! That photoshoot definitely salvaged a very frustrating, sweltering day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find this very interesting. Pretty surprised I didn't have to navigate through a load of comments before I was able to put my own.

    I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you, both of you. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete