Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Catfight Brutality and the Aftermath

Well, VeVe didn't get to fight Dia Zerva last night. But she did get to fight what may well have been her most vicious fight of the year. As a matter of fact, as I do my Dana White impression, I have decided to award this match our company's "Most Brutal F v F Bout of the Year" award from my stand point as a producer.

Last night, VeVe fought the powerhouse that is Clobberetta.

I knew this fight would be a good one, since I know that both of these ladies have an extremely high tolerance for pain, and I know that neither one gives up submissions easily. At all. You know, the sort where you need to actually damage their joints or knock them unconscious before they will give.

Of course, while both VeVe and Clobberetta are capable of fighting civilly, courteously, and technically - and while that is something they often do when faced with out-of-town guest wrestlers - civil fighting was NOT on the table for last night's battle. Last night was an all out catfight!

And I chose that format for those ladies because I know them well. See the above! Add that all together, and you have a recipe for an intense fight.

One thing that surprised me was the ladies' willingness to start from a standing position. I tried to discourage them from doing this, given the considerable weight difference, but they were so fired up, that they just jumped into it for the first round, going right for standing slaps and takedowns. I hoped for the best and kept the camera rolling. For the second round, same deal: they jumped up to start from the feet, and looking for sweet-spot face shots.

I'll also mention that when we started rolling for the second 10-minute round, I announced that the winner would take a victory pose over the loser. That, I think, added even more fuel to the fire. While these ladies love to fight for fighting's sake, after that announcement, they knew they
were fighting for stakes. And since both of them are rather prideful fighters, the drive for the W
climbed even higher. This was a delight to see.

I'm trying to avoid saying to much about the actual specifics of the match and the eventual outcome, but I will say that the Victory was really up for grabs here, and I could have gone to either one of these fierce competitors.

20 minutes of slapping, hair-pulling, and general crushing is pretty rough, wouldn't you say? Just sayin'.

When I was editing the video, it sure looked to me that VeVe was clutching on to Clobberetta's hair for almost the entire time. No wonder Clobberetta said that her scalp hurt when the match was over. And VeVe did not escape unscathed from the harsh hair-pulling. Oh, no. Clobberetta grabbed VeVe's hair at one point (or several) and jerked her so hard that VeVe woke up today with a sore neck. Both ladies have been twittering today about being considerably sore and bruised this morning, so... I'll leave it at
that!

Personally, I happen to love catfights. They are my preferred form of female fight video to shoot, truth be told. Getting slapped in the face really makes you see red. It pisses you off, and it makes you want to strike back with a fury. Hair-pulling is just as powerful. Yes, indeed, slaps and hair-pulls must surely have been designed to piss off the receiver! They are less damaging than punches, kicks, and Thai knees, to be sure, but they are absolutely great for heating up a fight on an emotional level. So, in my mind, slaps and hair-pulls are great!

And I loved watching the blood boil at last night's fight.

... it was boiling so much so, that the winner did more than just take a victory pose over her opponent. She channeled her fight rage, took her opponent down after time was called, and mounted her for a humiliating School Girl Pin slap down. That's right, she rained down unanswered slaps on her defeated foe. It's tough losing these sorts of matches, you know.

Lastly, before I move on, I will say a few words about the setting. Since this match was to be particularly violent and noisy, we took it to a secret and private location. No open studio here. No harsh lighting. No outside influence. We set up in a gritty stockroom warehouse space in Hell's Kitchen - a perfect setting for a catfight.

Now, if only I can get that space for more matches...

Anyway, hats off to you two, VeVe and Clobberetta. Great fight. It was very exciting to shoot and edit, and very difficult to select promotional screen captures for - there were just too many great stills to choose from. Let's keep it rollin', ladies.

[This entry refers to this match: VeVe vs Clobberetta: Catfight Wrestling!]

No comments:

Post a Comment